You’ve probably heard a lot about cellulite, but do you know fact from fiction?
There are many common misconceptions about what cellulite is and how to get rid of it.
Here, we clear up 5 cellulite myths to reveal the real facts.
Myth #1: Cellulite is the same as ordinary fat
Many so-called experts claim that cellulite is the same as ordinary fat. However, this simply isn’t true for several reasons.
- Cellulite has a dimpled appearance, whereas fat in other areas has a smooth appearance.
- Men rarely suffer with cellulite, while around 90% of women have it.
- Even the thinnest women get cellulite, so it has no correlation to how much body fat you have.
Myth #2: Losing weight is the best way to get rid of cellulite.
Since we just pointed out that thin women can be as plagued with cellulite as heavier women, this is obviously false.
The cause of cellulite stems from the connective tissue under the skin. Cellulite occurs when fat pushes against the connective tissue, giving the skin a dimpled, uneven look.
Since no diet will bring your body fat percentage down to 0, losing weight is ineffective.
MYTH #3: Liposuction can get rid of cellulite
Liposuction can reduce fat if you have the money and want to take the risk, but does it actually do anything for cellulite?
- The short answer is no. Liposuction has no effect on the connective tissue, so it fails to address the root cause of cellulite.
- Liposuction can actually make cellulite worse by loosening the skin and making cellulite recesses deeper.
Myth #4: Cellulite is a normal part of being a woman
This is probably the only claim on this list that does have some weight behind it.
Have you ever wondered why women get cellulite and men don’t? It all comes down to the connective tissue:
- In women, the connective tissue is formed in vertical columns.
- In men, the connective tissue is formed in a crisscross pattern.
Due to the structure of women’s connective tissue, the fat has a tendency to bulge out at the top of the column, creating the orange peel appearance of cellulite.
Men don’t have this problem since the crisscross pattern of their connective tissue keeps the fat tight and smooth.
However, not all women struggle with cellulite, so this obviously isn’t the norm for EVERY woman.
Myth #5: There’s nothing you can do to get rid of cellulite
Don’t believe this for a second. There is plenty you can do to stop cellulite in its tracks.
Your anatomy and genetics play a role, but controlling cellulite is mostly a lifestyle issue.
The first step in getting rid of your cellulite is following a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
However, since the problem lies with the connective tissue and not necessarily the fat, this isn’t a complete fix.
One of the best ways to address cellulite is through cupping massage.
This ancient therapy has made a big comeback in recent years – and one of its most popular uses is for body contouring and cellulite reduction.
Cupping helps reduce cellulite in 3 important ways
- It helps stretch and relax the hardened connective tissue beneath the skin, increasing elasticity and helping reduce the dimpled appearance of cellulite.
- It promotes healthy circulation of nutrient-rich blood, rejuvenating the skin and underlying tissues.
- It stimulates the flow of lymph, part of your body’s natural detoxification system. This helps dissipate fluid retention that emphasizes the appearance of cellulite.
Sounds great, right? If you’re ready to sign up for treatment, you’re in luck…
Many massage therapists and spas are aware of the incredible benefits of the 2,000-year-old art of cupping therapy.
You can get a wonderful relaxing and beneficial treatment at one of these spas.
However, if you want to save money and experience the benefits of cupping in the comfort and convenience of your own home, try Cheeky Cups!
Cheeky Cups are a premium cupping massage kit created specifically for body contouring and cellulite reduction. They are made of medical grade silicone and used by professional massage therapists around the world.
The Cheeky Cups Body Contouring Kit includes 2 silicone massage cups (medium and small for different parts of the body), a cotton travel pouch, and an instruction manual.
Cheeky Cups are convenient and easy to use. Use them in the shower or wherever it is most convenient. This simple tool fits easily into your routine and offers a truly effective way to combat cellulite.
Combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, Cheeky Cups offer a remarkably effective way to achieve a sleeker, smoother silhouette in only minutes per day.